Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I have been thinking and wondering if anyone has ever done this, and or if it's even possible. I originally was going to go the whole Procharger route simply for the ability of having the front mount intercooler, etc. Then a deal on a Vortech S-Trim popped up that I couldn't pass up. I'm curious if anyone has switched from the draw through setup of a vortech, and gone to a blow through with a front mount intercooler, vent to atmosphere bypass valve, etc? I'm always looking at tinkering and doing things differently, and been running this through my mind lately.

If anyone has done this and has some insight, pics, etc it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I did it on my S trim 98 cobra. One of the best decisions I ever made. Besides the cool factor of the sound the car ran so much better. Also you don’t have to worry about sucking up water like you do when the vortech filter is down by the road. Do yourself a favor and get a good quality bypass valve and a good MAF.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks guys. I was hoping to see some pictures of it actually done to know exactly how hard it would be to accomplish. I was going to run the procharger big red race bypass that vents to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well it was prob easier in my cobra. The blower had a straight volute so I clocked it pointing towards the driver side. I don’t know exactly how it would work with the fox curved volute.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See, mine is a passengers side mount, so might be a lot harder to do. I know it would be quite a bit of work, but I really want to run a vent to atmosphere BOV, which requires a blow through MAF. I am currently running the draw through MAF. I more than less want it for the sound of a vent to atmosphere setup like Procharger runs. I absolutely LOVE the way they sound!! Just don't know if its worth the headache of trying to piece it all together.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you just want the sound then have a Hpx meter and then have a bov flange welded right after the blower outlet. No need for an intercooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts