Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CG Fabrications hotside from Caleb. He is a great guy and the work is awesome! I ordered my kit with an upgraded 4" downpipe. Im so excited...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Looks like good quality stuff, I'm impressed.

And their prices seem reasonable.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Nice!! Can you use oil filter or have to use relocation. The one thing I didn't care for with my new on3 kit is oil filter relocation, I don't trust oil filter relocate.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not sure if it will fit with the oil filter in the stock location or not. i will mount the headers up on the motor tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure. I do know that he said the 4" downpipe would not fit with the stock fan/shroud. I havent used that in a long time anyways, it has an aftermarket fan on it. Youll need to modify or remove your a/c lines also

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've seen their stuff in person. They do a lot of work on a couple of my honda buddies cars. I'm local to them, and they will be building my kit once I upgrade the bottom end and fuel system.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Awesome, I met caleb once when he was the fabricator at PTK. He does very good work, I didn't know he had gone on his own.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
How much did that wind up costin ya with that upgraded dp?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did that wind up costin ya with that upgraded dp?
The base kit is $1150. He only charged me $40 extra for the upgraded downpipe. Shipping and handling was $65 so the total bill was $1255. Totally worth it imo

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, any details? What was the turn time?
At first he told me it was going to be 2 1/2 weeks. I placed the order on the 31st and everything showed up at my door only 10 days later. He was fast!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I just bolted it up to the motor and this kit will NOT work with a/c at all. It wont even work with the a/c delete pulley. Not a problem for me though

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ok I just bolted it up to the motor and this kit will NOT work with a/c at all. It wont even work with the a/c delete pulley. Not a problem for me though
Was it suppose to?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was it suppose to?
No he told me that it was not going to work with a/c. I just didnt expect that it wouldnt work with the a/c delete pulley either. I was sort of hoping that I could possibly install the compressor and modify the lines to fit, but thats ok that I wont be able to. The description does say that its a "race kit" so I guess I should have expected this

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What is the pipe size, and material. How much for a coldside?
Its 16 gauge mild steel. The headers have 1 5/8" primaries and the crossover tube is 2 1/2". Header flanges are 3/8" and the turbo flange is 1/2". Ill have pics of it mounted on the motor here soon. I asked him about building me a coldside and he said he didnt have a car there at the shop to get it done right now. Hes going to build me an intercooler for it though. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of work that is done

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Oil filter clearance pics for 2002MustangGT......no oil filter relocation needed
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts