• non ceramic coated headers

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy the hooker LT headers just dont know if it is worth the extra $200 for the ceramic ones. Any insite would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have been debating this also. Most companies just put on a cheap a$$ coating on their headers. Most of the time it really does not do much of any thing other than raise the price.

Here is a site you can check out that does performance coatings for many types of applications.
http://www.swaintech.com/race.html
They list the price of coating for headers around $225 to $275. It would cost practically the same to send the headers to these guys to have it done. Atleast this way you would have the piece of mind that you didn't waste your money on some ceramic paint.

Also, I was wondering about the high temp header tape they sell. If you wrapped your headers in this would you still need to get ceramic coated ones?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I got the coated hookers. I think if you are going so far as to get LT headers, you might as well go all the way and get them coated for the extra little bit. As for header tape, they only protect the outside of the header, while the coating is on the inside also. So a taped header will get very hot itself, but won't transfer the heat to the engine bay. A coated header won't even get hot itself, the heat will stay in the exhaust gas until it reaches the X pipe/H pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts