Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to clarify to some who may be interested. CenterForce Clutches do NOT suck. I was going to respond to another post about an exhaust system earlier today but got into it a little with some bonehead who posted that CF's suck. That's it.... didn't even try to tell us why.

BTW dude if you are reading this.... You're right you don't know anything. I went back and read like the last 20-30 posts.
I will say this though... you do know how to type *** pretty good. Might try and use a spell checker every now and then though. Assnine ?? :rolleyes: LOL

Anyway, I love my clutch set up, particularly how I get more clamping force the higher the rpms climb. Feels about stock and is a joy for a daily driver like mine. Plenty of clamp at 160+ mph.

·
Registered
788 Posts
CENTERFORCE CLUTCHES

I'm with you dude, I have a centerforce in an '85 GT and it ROCKS!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
BUWHAHAHAHAHA! You apparently don't know as much as you think you do.

Fourcam was breaking parts and runnin the times that the rest of the board was only dreaming of, way back before you even started answering muffler posts.

Everyone here has an opinion on parts, and just because he doesn't agree with your point of view, doesn't mean you are right. If you are gonna get bend outta shape with every post that contradicts one of the parts on your car, you might as well go over to mustangworld.com, and play with all the little boulevard pimps over there. Because you sure-as-shiit won't make any friends here.

toodles.
joe

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Exactly the reason I don't post anymore. First of all, let's clarify this:

I will say this though... you do know how to type *** pretty good. Might try and use a spell checker every now and then though. Assnine ?? LOL
Evidently you didn't like my attempt at A.M. humor (yes, I woke up at 1:00PM) so be it. However, you didn't see me ragging on your pathetic grammar did you? pretty good, lack of commas, etc. Yes I'm an English major and could literally write circles around you, but then again, IDGAF.
Regarding your gung ho stance on CF clutches...

particularly how I get more clamping force the higher the rpms climb.
Seriously, the planes that flew into the twin towers on 9/11, should have hit your house. Do you believe everything you read, or can you just "feel" the increased clamping force through the clutch pedal? LOL dumbass.

I've had 7 clutches in my car in 48k miles, including FMS HD and king cobras, McLeod kevlars, RAMs and CF DFs. In my personal opinion and those expressed by my trusted (read: people that actually race their cars, in real life) friends, they suck. Simply put, they don't hold up in high hp high rpm cars. If you want to read the whole story do a search, might have to go back a while, but it should be there.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Well I know that alot of people have tried the CF DF and ofcourse they are entitled to their own opinion but my DF seems to work fine for me. Granted I have only about half a dozen 7k launches on it but I don't feel it slipping or smell anything. I let u know if it goes out. ;) -Mark

·
Registered
568 Posts
bitemark46 said:
Well I know that alot of people have tried the CF DF and ofcourse they are entitled to their own opinion but my DF seems to work fine for me. Granted I have only about half a dozen 7k launches on it but I don't feel it slipping or smell anything. I let u know if it goes out. ;) -Mark
Hey Mark, that clutch slipped first time at the track on Dave's nittos when you were doing a burnout, remember :)

And centerforce sucks :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
My 2 week old Centerforce Stage II clutch disc...

-Peter

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Homar, :D

You also have to remember considering I was going a burnout w/ nittos on 1/4" of VHT at only 3500rpms. The car didn't have enough power to turn the tires. But once I raised the rpms it never did that again. Plus it has never slipped on the launch w/ the slicks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Magical Slicks! Get it right next time. ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
bitemark46 said:
Homar, :D

You also have to remember considering I was going a burnout w/ nittos on 1/4" of VHT at only 3500rpms. The car didn't have enough power to turn the tires. But once I raised the rpms it never did that again. Plus it has never slipped on the launch w/ the slicks.
So basically you're saying you can't drive :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Putting them on a set of Welds? I like my Boat Anchor wheels. :D BTW, I'll be at Sunshine this Wednesday testing out the new motor N/A and at DeSoto on Saturday testing out on N20. You gonna make it? Slomar said he is going to try.

·
Registered
20 Posts
true every product will have a dud every now and then, but I have to concur that CF has problems. I lost one after two weeks on the second pass in a N/A 2000 GT(so power definitely wasn't a problem). Talked with someone at CF who agreed it had to be a manufacturing problem, sent it back and have heard nothing back in the last 2 months. Currently running RAM with no problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fourcam281 said:
Exactly the reason I don't post anymore. First of all, let's clarify this:

Evidently you didn't like my attempt at A.M. humor (yes, I woke up at 1:00PM) so be it. However, you didn't see me ragging on your pathetic grammar did you? pretty good, lack of commas, etc. Yes I'm an English major and could literally write circles around you, but then again, IDGAF.
Regarding your gung ho stance on CF clutches...

Seriously, the planes that flew into the twin towers on 9/11, should have hit your house. Do you believe everything you read, or can you just "feel" the increased clamping force through the clutch pedal? LOL dumbass.

I've had 7 clutches in my car in 48k miles, including FMS HD and king cobras, McLeod kevlars, RAMs and CF DFs. In my personal opinion and those expressed by my trusted (read: people that actually race their cars, in real life) friends, they suck. Simply put, they don't hold up in high hp high rpm cars. If you want to read the whole story do a search, might have to go back a while, but it should be there.
Thanks for the input .... next time put it next to "CF's suck"

I would venture to say that the large majority of people on this board don't drag race or even go through 7 clutches in 48k miles. I don't. It's a daily driver for me. If anyone says something as irresponsible or careless as you did, I will attempt to call them on it.
BTW I especially liked the part about wishing I had been killed on sept 11th. You must be a real class act in person.
Like most people on this board would probably say, "Don't talk smack unless you can back it up"
CF's suck is wasting bandwidth and serves no purpose.

If I said AutoTap sucked would you even give it the time of day? or would you just scroll past it and look for something informative?

Feel free to post your 5000th post here. I won't be back wasting anymore bandwidth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah, Raven... you missed my point entirely. Try and comprehend what you read before flappin' your soup coolers.

I was not trying to make "friends" through this message forum.

So I guess you're of the opinion that a post like "CF's suck" is quality information? You'd consider this to be useful? Alrighty then

Toodles to you too
:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts