Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 98 Cobra with Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors. I just purchased Classic Design Concept's side exhaust. Once I got it home, I started looking under the car and am a little worried that the pipes won't clear the sub-frame connectors.

Anyone else know if you can have both??? I wouldn't even mind switching to a different brand of sub-frames, if that'll make it work.

Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nope won't work!

You might want to call Kenny Brown and ask them when they are going to release their subframes for the Cobra R. They are designed for the side exit exhaust. They were working on these a month or so ago and were going to go into production at some point.

Some people have take full length subframes and bent them to fit the contour of the under body and made them work with side exit exhaust.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The subs you have now won't work. I've got Paul's High Performance subs on my car and they work with the side exhaust. It is bent to follow the contour of the body so that it clears.

John

·
Registered
906 Posts
SSSSSSSSS: do you think the PHP subs will fit my Roush side pipes? I assume that it's the same setup (bends and all) as any other side pipes. I have been looking for subs to fit forever. How much are they? Are they full length and as high quality as any other brand?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
98Roush: They should fit your exhaust. It was designed for the CDC/Dynomax side exhaust which is very similiar in which it has both the inlet and outlet on the same side. They aren't full length subs but the quality is very good. Instructions could use a little more work. I couldn't figure out which brakets were for the front or the rear, so me and the guy at the muffler shop just welded them up without the brackets. It does come with seat brackets that weld to the subs and bolt to the bottom of the seat. This was also a slight problem because my vert is six years old and it wouldn't line up properly, but we just cut a little bit out of the seat bracket to make it fit. Not that big of a deal but it could be a problem if you didn't have the equipment to do it.

The price was a little over $150 to my door. It wasn't bad in my opinion considering that I couldn't find any subs to fit with my exhaust. They had an article in Mustang Weekly in which they had some good shots of it.
http://www.mustangweekly.com/2001/may/brace/bracep1.asp

Hope this wasn't too confusing.

John

·
Registered
906 Posts
thats good since Roush used dynomax back in 98.

I would really like full lengths though. I wonder if steeda's will fit since they now have side exhaust also.

What is spintechs web site?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts