Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I "thought" my CCRM was going bad, so I went to the junkyard to find a 94-98 GT. No GT's, only a 94 and 98 six cylinder. I figured I might as well get the CCRM's and see whats different. I knew that the six cylinder does not have a high speen fan. Well when I got them home, I looked at the harness from one of them. I cut it off. It was exactly the same, but was missing the pin for the high speed fan. That was the only difference.

SO- You CAN use a CCRM from a six cylinder also. That definitely broadens the list of test vehicles. My next trip I am going to grab one out of a Taurus and check it out.

PS- Yes I did put it in and test it. It worked flawlessly and the high speed fan does come on with the A/C.

Does anybody need one? I got one extra.

Gary

·
Registered
940 Posts
i might need it, how much do you want? my low speed fan doesnt work

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5ptslow- Have you checked your ect? Did you try to hotwire the fan, just to verify? That doesnt sound like CCRM to me.

Gary

·
Registered
940 Posts
i replaced my ECT a year ago when the fan stopped working all together. now only my high speed fan works, the fan doesnt come on till the temp guage gets to the middle. what do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts