Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone send me a picture of their catch can thats vented back into the intake side of the turbo?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had mine like that... but I sucked up a lot of il into the turbo, didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Don't do it like that. It could suck up into the intake and cause detonation ,carbon build up and all around poor performance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, do you guys recommend just venting it with a filter on top of catch can? From what I've read this still leads to blow-by at boost. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had mine like that... but I sucked up a lot of il into the turbo, didn't like it.
funny , i dont have those issue's when using a quality catch can like the upr unit. it does a great job keeping the oil in the can, and not in the intake stream. and i have a ton of cars running them. best thing to do on the 03/04 termy cars.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
funny , i dont have those issue's when using a quality catch can like the upr unit. it does a great job keeping the oil in the can, and not in the intake stream. and i have a ton of cars running them. best thing to do on the 03/04 termy cars.
I have the moroso can, I think its pretty much empty though... is there some kind of element in the upr?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Good baffling in the valve cover stops oil pick up too.

I like to cut out a piece of aluminum that runs the entire length of inside of the valve cover with about a 1/8th inch gap all around. Then screw that into existing baffle studs in each corner. I had a vac pump pulling on a set-up like that and it would pick up just a little oil mist at most.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the moroso can, I think its pretty much empty though... is there some kind of element in the upr?
yes. i'll pull one apart later and get a pic of the inside,

and yes the valve cover baffles have alot to do with it. the breathers that go in your valve cover with the hose nipple on them, help a ton too. i would have used those on the vert, but it would have looked janky in the engine bay. but i'll see how well the frpp baffles in the cover works before i try to start modifying them. should be ok, but only random wot beating will tell.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We'll it looks as if my best rout is to vent both valve covers into a catch can with a breather. Does this setup work well while under vacuum and plugging the stock PCV system?

·
Registered
939 Posts
We'll it looks as if my best rout is to vent both valve covers into a catch can with a breather. Does this setup work well while under vacuum and plugging the stock PCV system?
do that but put a check valve in line between the manifold and pcv. so that boost can not go in to the pcv.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Got it, thanks. What are you guys using to plug the stock PCV hole in the manifold?
keep it open.. You are only in WOT what 3 % of the time? You need it for street/hwy driving. It should be Manifold ....vacuum line.... check valve vacuum line... PCV.

Then for when you go WOT the valve covers lines take over and the pcv shuts "off" by the check valve.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am planning on using a spider intake for my turbo car and it has no pcv hole. I should be ok with highway driving right?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I am planning on using a spider intake for my turbo car and it has no pcv hole. I should be ok with highway driving right?
You could put a fitting on the valve cover on one side and run it to the intake manifold/tb/etc. With a check valve inline. Then run on on the valve cover as well to a catch can for WOT use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts