Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Have a new mmr motor.
I'm having oil vapors coming out of my jazz catch can. Is this normal?

I still have the Pcv on pass. Side. I'm running 5/8in hosses from each valve cover to the catch can.(breather on top) Not sure why it's smoking so much. But it also did this with my old short block.

Any way to fix this? Or is this normal. Motor is fine. No loss in any fluids. Runs great.

Thanks brett

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Put some miles on the motor; break it in and seat the rings. Mine stopped almost overnight. Watch your breather cans for oil in them. I drove mine around with the valves open to see how much oil was coming out when I stopped. The spots got smaller and smaller then there was none.

My motor (see sig) took about 600 miles.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Put some miles on the motor; break it in and seat the rings. Mine stopped almost overnight. Watch your breather cans for oil in them. I drove mine around with the valves open to see how much oil was coming out when I stopped. The spots got smaller and smaller then there was none.

My motor (see sig) took about 600 miles.
well i already have 1000 miles on new motor. i dont think im getting any oil. just this orangish nasty smelling stuff. just emptied it tonight. this is what i got after 1000 miles.

im wondering if the vapors are condensation. since i have plastic valve covers and latly weather around here has bin raining humid. and cold nights. idk anything is possible. i just hope its nothing motor related. because i did everything 100% i tripled checked everything i did.

this is the same gunk that was coming out of my stock motor too.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Small enough quantity that I wouldn't worry.

We drain mine after every few passes and a small amount comes out every time and it never looks like pristine oil out of a bottle.

Trans catch can does the same thing.

Atomized liquid looks funkier then stuff you drain out.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
looks similar to coffe shake aka bad headgasket...

scared the s**t out of me first time i saw it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts