Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know or have a part number for what oil filter has to be used with there adaptor? the stock oil filter size is too big

I was thinking of just going to a parts store with the adaptor and find one that fits ok but was worried about weather or not running the wrong one could restrict flow and cost me a turbo or worst.. any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
the ford fl400 filter fits. its the same filter for a 2.0l sohc focus, 3.0l ohv taurus. it is alot smaller then the stock filter but i ran it on my turbo car for a long time with no problems what-so-ever. i would recommend getting an oil filter relocation kit.
ken

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
which cartech kit are you using?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which cartech kit are you using?
street sleeper with a t62 but it's pieced together from a cartech renagade from what cartech tells me.. they said the headers, crossover and wastegate setup is from a renagade kit so who knows

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
you mean the outlaw kit...???

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you mean the outlaw kit...???
damn.. sorry it's been a long long weekend and yes you are correct. The outlaw kit. Cartech said it's looks to be a mix of both kits because the headers are for the outlaw kit since the turbo side header is not the normal street sleeper one but im lost.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
no rpoblem man. i'll be instaling the outlaw kit with a PT76 later on this year on my 363W

does anyone know the part number for the ford racing 90degree relocator mentioned above?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
no rpoblem man. i'll be instaling the outlaw kit with a PT76 later on this year on my 363W
haha good luck with the one man.. I sold my freshly rebuilt novi 2000 setup for this cartech kit and now im wishing I would have just kept the novi since I haven't driven my mustang since.. and it's been like 3 months :(

here's a pic or two of the damn thing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/boostedpimp/jimmy/DSC01254.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/boostedpimp/jimmy/DSC01260.jpg

does anyone know the part number for the ford racing 90degree relocator mentioned above?
My kit came with 90 degree adaptor but it doesn't take the stock filter it's smaller so check your kit it might have been included in yours as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts