Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I picked up a Cartech SS Kit for my 91GT.
Im in need of the manual, just want to look things over before i start the install.

So Far I found out, run the following

-NGK 4554(R5671A-8)
-FLS 400 Oil filter

Any other tips that you owners have found out while doing the install. and tuning process.

Any help would help

Thanks Alot

PaT #06

·
Registered
170 Posts
Show some pics of you kit please

·
Registered
393 Posts
Do you have it on yet or started?

I am going to wait until I got everything to start mine. Not to mention there's still snow out here and its below 20* here too.

Do you know what the cartech wastegate came with for a spring? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, no biggey. What does the number "5" stick represent ontop of the turbonetics wastegate. Im changing the recirculating BOV to an atmospheric BOV. Any problems running this.

As for your question. No i havent begin to install the SS kit. Its been around -20 to 20degress outside. I pulled my engine/tranny/driveshaft/exhaust. Just painting the block and installing a few new parts here and there. Then tig welding the engine compartment holes,grinding,wire wheeling, then painting the engine bay. Rewireing everything behind the fenders for that clean look.

Did you have the manual by chance for a FOXBODY CARTECH SS KIT

94-95 kits are no help.
thanks

PaT #06

·
Registered
393 Posts
No, cant say that I do.

I can see why my manual doesnt help i think. Isn't your turbo going on the drivers side?

I emailed Cartech and asked them for the manual for mine and they were the ones that told me about it being on there website. I would try that I guess.

·
4,305 Posts
Someone once scanned that manual and hosted it. Not sure who it was but seem to recall them posting it up on here at some point in time, might be worth doing a search on. I do not think Cartech even sent my instructions for mine when I bought it new, just kind of figured it out as we went but we also had done a few before my car.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I ordered my new MAF and fuel pump today from JD's performance. Went with the PMAS 3" blow thru and the 255 high pressure pump. Pretty good guy, free shipping on the maf so he did the same for the pump. Now I just need a few more things and should be ready for spring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts