Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used cartech sn95 ss kit and didn't come with any downpipe studs. Does anyone know the size and thread. Also does the downpipe to y pipe use a exhaust strap is it just that tight of fit?

·
4,305 Posts
I thought they had an on center turbo and bolts threaded into the turbo to hold the down pipe on. I recall downstream for the Y just being a slip joint and no bracket.

That kit is a copy of the Turbo Technology SN95 street kit. So searching for pictures of that as well might be beneficial to figuring things out.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
4,305 Posts
I remember them being bolts and not studs. But regardless the thread sizing will be nothing specific to Cartech. I'd think some online searches for T4 turbo exhaust flange bolts or some variation of that would find the thread sizing. Could just take the turbo down to the hardware store.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
oncenter turbos... keep it real.. real old school ;)
(i have the outlaw kit on my fox, which also uses an oncenter setup)

the size of the bolt will depend on the turbo size. you might be able to use a stud but that would depend on the dp size. bolts are fine just keep the surfaces clean during assembly. i use copper rtv and a graphite gasket and enevr had an issue on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts