Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just redid the rear bulkhead in my coupe and it's sealed off REALLY well. In doing so, I forgot to notch the aluminum to slide the battery and alternator cables through like I had done before.

So I decided that I want to keep it sealed up and run the cables under the car, but I don't want to run them in tandem with the fuel lines.

I figured it would be easier to route the fuel system toward the driver's side but I'm wondering how I want to run the lines to the fuel bowls.

I currently run two separate lines, but will purchase a single-in-doube-out type of setup so I only have to run the one line. For those that have done this, where did you mount the regulator and where did you run the line?

Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Heres how I did mine I run a Aeromotive 1000 pump with -10 feed and -10 return to the regulator, from there I run -8 to the carb 1 line to each bowl then run a -4 pressure gauge line.My fuel pressure is no less then 8psi going down the track.As you can see it is mounted on the front fender well of the drivers side.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's really just a mirror image of the "normal" mounting on the passenger side. What method are you using to connect to the bowls to overcome too dramatic of a bend? Or do you just loop it wide around the front of the carb? I know it seems like a trivial thing to ask about, but I'm curious since I'm moving it all to the other side.

Thank a lot, Matt.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
BULKHEAD!! LOL you are a airframe mechanic for sure or at least work on aircraft!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It makes sense to run the fuel down the passenger side and the power down drivers side because the bowl fittings are mounted on the pass. side and the solenoid and most of the power wiring is on the driver side.Why would you want to do the opposite?

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's really just a mirror image of the "normal" mounting on the passenger side. What method are you using to connect to the bowls to overcome too dramatic of a bend? Or do you just loop it wide around the front of the carb? I know it seems like a trivial thing to ask about, but I'm curious since I'm moving it all to the other side.

Thank a lot, Matt.
Todd I just ran the -8 from the regulator to the carb the lines were 3ft long each and one raps around the back of the carb and the other around the front of the carb as stated before I do not lose any pressure at all I run mid to high 9s N/A and never had a air pocket or a bubble during launch or decel.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Battery is mounted on passenger side so I ran my power down the passenger side and fuel down the driver. I run a BG fuel log with a single feed so its pretty simple and straight forward. And yes I know my wiring is messy Todd said he was gonna fly to texas and help me rewire mine when he's done with his :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys. Rex, you're right on the money. The battery is on the passenger side already, and with the cost of purchasing additional 0/1 welding cable compared to using fuel line that I have an abundance of, it makes more sense. It's easier to move the fuel pump and filters to the opposite side of the bumper where they're mounted...

I'd love to help you with the wiring Rex...right after you fly home from helping me, give yourself a little rest, and I'll come out there!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know Ian, I never thought of that! That would work for certain, but like Rex said, I don't think the inlets would clear the linkage, return springs, and bracketry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts