Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a nice blow-through carb and a B&G hotside with 68mm etc..

I'm thinking an Aeromotive Boost reference EFI regulator and a cheap inline MSD Fuel pump to get the ball rolling.

Would this work to my 14psi, tank is Not sumped right now but is a new tank, i am going to run lines and sump the tank in the winter, but for the summer I want to throw the boost at the car and let it eat.

do you have any experience with the above setup, would you recommend a different route?

·
Registered
775 Posts
the standard for the aeromotive regulators is the 13202 or the 13204. As far as for the pump i would not go with that pump. At the minimum i would go with a A1000.

search turbomustangs.com and I'm sure you'll find more than enough info to spec out a good reliable system. Remember with the carb set up you are looking for volume- pressure is not that high as with an EFI set up. Your base carb pressure will be 6-7psi, add 14 psi of boost (boost referenced reg will add 1 psi per pound of boost) you need 21 psi of fuel pressure.

good luck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet thanks man:)

Actually picked up a car with FI that I want to build over the Capri so put the Capri up for sale and going to build my SN95 GTS now instead:)

I just understand and know how to tune EFI, plus I like the drivability more

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The MSD pump (looks like some rebadged OEM model) is a bit on the small side for your build. On the other hand, an A1000 may be a bit more pump than you need. We have a pump made by Essex Industries - same guys that supply the bigger Edelbrock pumps - that's a bit smaller and less likely to heat up the fuel:

SX Peformance 18203 High Flow Fuel Pump DIYAutoTune.com

I'm a bit biased :) but that one looks like it would be about the perfect size for this build.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm using the Aeromotive 13202 FPR and A1000 fuel pump. No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont remember what the part # is for my regulator, but definitely go with the A1000 pump for sure. I tried to run a Walbro 255lph and its just not enough volume. Im running a Walbro 255 in-tank feeding an inline A1000 now

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
go with a a1000, and the aeromotive 13204 regulator and call it a day. You won't have to upgrade this sytem unless you get crazy with hp numbers. I'm running a 351/blow thru with a mpgt45 and decided on a big fuel system to save money from redoing it when I want a bigger motor or turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts