Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
The FI from the 95 wont work.

On the plus side though the 95 efi computer harness and related are worth much more than fox stuff and you will make enough off it to buy fox parts with money to spare.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Blow thru sounds like it would be more cost effectively in your situation since your car is already carbed just get a blow thru carb or modify your carb you already have to save even more $ and throw a top hat on it.

Also your going to want a return style fuel system if you don't already have one with a bigger return line than feed. and a good boost ref regulator like the aeromotive 132-02 with a decent fuel pump.

The biggest +to blow thru is when you do other mods to the car you can tune it your self without expensive dyno fees and injector upgrades. Just make sure you also put a wideband on it.

Do a search over on turbomustangs.com you will find all the blow thru answers you will ever need.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Blow thru sounds like it would be more cost effectively in your situation since your car is already carbed just get a blow thru carb or modify your carb you already have to save even more $ and throw a top hat on it.

Also your going to want a return style fuel system if you don't already have one with a bigger return line than feed. and a good boost ref regulator like the aeromotive 132-02 with a decent fuel pump.

The biggest +to blow thru is when you do other mods to the car you can tune it your self without expensive dyno fees and injector upgrades. Just make sure you also put a wideband on it.

Do a search over on turbomustangs.com you will find all the blow thru answers you will ever need.
X2

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would stay carbed for reasons above. Even though the harnesses are different, why couldn't he swap everything over, computer and all??? He has a complete donor car.:shakehead
If they were compatible why wouldnt sn95 guys just use the fox harness as opossed to spending all that money on a harness and computer for an sn95?

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If they were compatible why wouldnt sn95 guys just use the fox harness as opossed to spending all that money on a harness and computer for an sn95?

Just some food for thought.
He has a COMPLETE '95. He could use its harness and computer/injection. They aren't compatible.

·
Registered
156 Posts
He has a COMPLETE '95. He could use its harness and computer/injection. They aren't compatible.
I believe the problem lies in the dash harness (gage cluster, power distribution etc) and the underhood connectors (headlights, alt, fan/eec relays and other misc connectors) Yes, I agree it could get the job done, but will require added work where the fox harness is plug and play.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I believe the problem lies in the dash harness (gage cluster, power distribution etc) and the underhood connectors (headlights, alt, fan/eec relays and other misc connectors) Yes, I agree it could get the job done, but will require added work where the fox harness is plug and play.
The gauges, headlights etc. are a separate harness on the Fox. I pulled my computer, injection etc and car operates normally with the low-tech carb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts