Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my stang on the highway for what might be the 3rd or 4th time since the headswap. all things were going fine i was cruising at 80mph and then all of the sudden the enginejust died. it didnt make noises, smell, or smoke it just simply cut off. I tried to crank it and it turns over it just wont actually crank.
anyone have any ideas what could have happend to my car?
lmk
thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
When my car slung a belt it knocked a connection loose under the car. So when I would try to crank it, it would just turn over but not want to crank. So I looked under the car and could see the connection hanging. It is on the passenger side. My car did the same as yours so maybe you should check that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
. . . that would be the crank position sensor. When unplugged, you get no fuel or spark. Definitely a good place to begin, to see if it is loose.

570rwhp/466tq on only 10.5 psi boost
Official 1/4 mile: [email protected] 1.81 60' limited only by the IRS and road race suspension
A 10 sec capable car!

A Cobra on the surface, a Viper underneath!

Gauges - zoom in || Exterior - larger view|| -- Engine-zoom in -- ||Front suspension

Other stuff (partial list):
Roll cage
Trunk mods
T-56 R&R guide tube
T-56 R&R input shaft breakage
Spring cleaning

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice

Man Coop, I wish I lived next door to you! Awesome car and great job!!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your fuel pump may have died...

Mine did racing a bike @ 95mph or so... Just quit. Bought a new one and all is well again... Man, thats some scary stuff when it happens...

Good luck...

·
Registered
416 Posts
might be only the fuse for the fuel pump......my buddy had a 99 ranger edge and it would crank, but wouldn't start. we had it towed and the fuse was to blame.....good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I'm going to go out on a limb here, since no ones meantioned it. Since you just did a headswap it's possible that you threw the timing chain as well. Easy test, pull spark plug, and turn over engine. if sparking that's 1/2 the battle. test fuel system. If you have fire and gas, it's gotta be the valvetrain.

Happened to me on an SOHC four banger. If you want, just pop a valve cover. Doesn't take long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts