Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started the car up for the first time since i got it back from being tuned... I noticed that after you rev it up and the RPM's are coming back down, it lets out a puff of smoke from the mufflers that are dumped under the car ... What could this be??? it does not overheat or anything like that...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it appeared to be a dark grey, but the lighting was not good.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turbo 5.0 Mike said:
Do you have a blow off valve of compressor bypass?

MJB
I do have a BOV.... is that what you mean??

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have seen all MAF cars get a little rich after you stab the throttle, reason being that you are blowing off metered air. It is more pronounced with draw thru MAF (Before the turbo), but also happens with the blow thur MAF's.

The draw thru setups actually stall out from being so rich if you whack the throttle hard enough.

Just something to consider.

MJB

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is not necessarily stabbing the throttle...just reving it up normally then when the revs come back down it puffs out a lil smoke.... then goes away......could this be a head gasket???

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's what I am saying. Stab (aka rev the motor) and some black smoke will come out. Headgaskets usually smoke all the time, plus your oil might look like a milkshake, and eventually the car will get low on coolant, and it will begin to overheat.

Whack the throttle hard, and let off. If the revs come back down, and you hear the car stumble a little bit as it reaches idle RPM it's most likely blowing off the metered air and is rich for a few seconds.

MJB

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kinda figured it was a lil rich I just didnt want it to be a HG.... I would be pissed...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just checked the color of smoke...it is light blue....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Maybe oil from valve guides especially if not started for some time..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts