I had a similar problem which occured at lower speeds as I slowly turned thru intersections it would 'neutral' out occasionaly at very dangerous times. To fix this problem yourself you will have to become an expert on the ways of the 4R70W and reference materials can be bought to help. PM me if interested in sources.
Here is what I did as I surmised that the pressure may be low for whatever reason or is not getting to the clutches
1. Change your fluid every year or 20K miles for Mercon-V spec fluid.
2. Drop the pan, clean the magnet in the bottom of the pan.
3. Drop the valve body and clean all the valves with brake cleaner. Dont loose or misplace the balls.
4. Inspect the main pressure regulator valve for wear on one side. You may want to replace it with the 'improved' one from Sonnax. Clean off any remnants of the old gasket. Reassemble with new gaskets and use a torque wrench.
5. Remove and flush out SS1, SS2 and TCC solenoids with brake cleaner. Replace solenoids with a little fluid on the O rings.
6. Replace vlave body, remember to torque the bolts to spec ,replace connectors and pan. Old pan gasket is re-uaseable if not torn. You may want to add a drain plug to the pan as you will want to change the fluid more often from now on. A cast finned pan from B&M comes with a drain plug. Ford also makes a pan witha drain plug. Refil with fresh Mercon-V
7. You may want to drain the torque converter as it is still 1/2 filled with the old fluid. Some aftermaket torque converters do not have drain plugs.
I am replacing the clutch and rear main on my 03 GT. I removed the old one and was installing the new one and put in a little deeper than the old one will it be ok? Also was the original one a 2 piece seal, the one I purchased from ford is a 1 piece seal is this correct or do I need to find...
Going to start a build thread for the new motor build. At this point, got the engine pulled and going to start disassembly. I have already sold my blower setup, intercooler, blow off valve, and crank pulley. The plan is to go Trick Flow head, turbo cam, and 76mm turbo setup. Most likely will...
I started with a Edelbrock Victor Jr. EFI Intake Manifold that manufactured for a 4.6L and cut and added material to make it fit my 5.4L build , here is a little video I made to show the basics of the process :| https://youtu.be/HO7fUFcixtA
New COPs and plugs. Still getting a misfire. Wondered if my injectors were bad. I have a 98 non Pi 4.6. Can I use the injectors out of it to put in my 03 PI 4.6 motor? They’re same connector and I know for sure they are good. Is this a good idea or any other advisce to fix the problem. Terrible...
Wondering if anyone has found some newer style factory type seats that will fit 99-04? I searched with no luck. I don't like recaro or any of the aftermarket seats. For daily driving not track use. Just feel like some more comfortable, power, maybe air conditioned, better condition seating might...
A forum community dedicated to Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, production numbers, VIN decoders, modifications, troubleshooting, power adders, DIY tutorials, and more!