Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I need some answers, I own a 98 Cobra with 15,500 miles on it.car has been babied all of it life,oil changed every 3,000 miles,only put 200 miles a month avg. on car, drive to car shows on weekends,car sits in garage under a car cover durring the week.all maint. done at the ford dealer. Car is running a ford
racing single blade TB,K/N FIPK,BBK PULLIES,JBA HEADERS,MAGNA-FLOW CAT BACKS,SUPERCHIP, all mods done by proformance shop in San Diego,CA. Car is fast runs great never ever a problem
with it ever. Two weeks ago drove car to Buena Park an back about 200 miles round trip,car ran great there and back.Last SAT
DROVE CAR TO HEMET CA. about 70 miles north of San Diego,car
ran great avg speed 80mph . got to hemet stayed for 2hrs then filled car up with 76 prem gas thats all I HAVE RAN IN CAR since I have owned it. GOT ON HWY 15 south , 22mile into trip car sputtered , had oil pressure, system charging,car running cool,
all things looked good,then the car just dies ,lose's all power.
pulled off hwy,turn off the key,then STOPPED CAR , POP THE HOOD EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD. RESTART the car,merge on to
hwy,give car the gas,it dies again! Pop the hood check the oil,antifreeze,all hoses belts, all conections on MAF meter,TB,CHECK ALL THE throttle cables ,all wires on the power packs that have the plug wires on them everything is good shape,
then I restart car again, merge on to hwy give car the gas,shift through all the gears, car is running great,cruise it at 75mph it gets me home,put car away for the night.the next day. Idrove car about 50 miles no problems at all, plus the 50 miles from the day before to get home from Hemet. drove car hard to see if I could get it to die,no problems at all,car acts like it never happened,what caused to die was it bad gas or what? please any answers would ease my mind thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmm

Not sure if valid, but I had the exact same problem with my 96 GT, there is a thread here somewhere on it. Dealership has it now, they say it is a fuel pump.

In the thread people suggested Fuel Pump, IAC motor/valve as possible causes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts