Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have msd 6a with msd blaster and msd dizzy
car starts right up and doesnt idle yet, hopefully it will when i get it tuned, but anyways when i drive it at low rpms it will die not all the time but it will die,
i do not have the plug connector in the harness due to the dyno shop in dallas said if i take it out i wont have to worry about to much timing, timing is at 13 degrees also,
any ideas on what the hell its doing
one thought i have is that i might not have the dizzy set in right, but it does read 13 and it starts up at a split second when u hit that key

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is the MSD 6a new or used? My MSD gave me problems like what your talking about and I bypassed the MSD by just plugging in the old stock harness back in and it fixed the problem. I even had this verified on the dyno as when we plugged the msd back in it would give funny spark readings......and then when we un-plugged it and problem solved.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Your problem is that you've locked the timing out at 13*. If you plan on running it with the spout connector out, bump the timing up to 18-20* and your drive-ability will greatly improve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts