Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Where exactly is the sensor ground on the TPS connected? It needs to be wired to the ECU sensor return; grounding it elsewhere can produce the exact same problem you describe.
All sensor grounds go back to the ECU, but I will double check the TPS ground as soon as I can. When I solved this issue, that was my best guess as to why the TPS% changed when the car was IDLE versus OFF.

I just haven't had the time to take a look at it yet.

I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
OK, so I finally got my license plates in... the antique plates took 3 weeks so I couldn't test a whole lot until this weekend.

I took the car out twice trying a couple different AE setups.
The issue is still there. I have the TPS reading approx 0% (bounces around a bit give or take + or -0.5%) but the lag issue is still there but it has "moved". It isn't at the 8-10% throttle anymore, it is a bit higher.

Now it sits right after I let out the clutch and try to accelerate, which makes drive-ability horrible.

However, the bright side is now I'm thinking it is all in the AE. This is my thinking..

The TPS issue was confusing the ECU...siting at -5% was not helping. Aside from this, the AE was setup to band-aid this issue. Before, when I'd hit the throttle, the car would peg lean and then catch up. Now when I hit the throttle the car goes rich (which should happen) and then it quickly spikes lean. To me it seems the AE isn't lasting long enough or doesn't have enough fuel added. When sitting still idling, I can rev the motor and it behaves as you'd expect. I only could reproduce the lag issue with certain settings of the AE.

Does this sound correct/plausible? I'm trying to schedule a time for the tuner to come back out and take a look.
Sometime soon I will take a look at the ground on the TPS to see if I can find anything strange.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Attached are my current AE settings.

I will take a log the next time I drive it.

If anyone has any suggested settings to adjust or sees a glaring issue, please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Alright, so I've made so pretty good progress.

Attached are my AE settings. For whatever reason I think they are really strange.

For one, I think the added pulse widths are entirely too high, but that's where I got it to be happy.

The Accel time didn't quite do what I anticipated it doing. I thought it was the length of time that the added PW lasts.
So if I am hitting it lightly and have at 4.5 added ms, the Accel time would mean that 4.5ms is added for 5 seconds, then slowly tappers down (over 2.0 seconds, Accel taper time) until it goes to 0.

It didn't seem to do this. Sometimes it would last 2-3 seconds and other times it wouldn't last a second.

At certain spots, I still go lean, but it might be fuel map related.

Although, when I smash the throttle, I often still get lag, where it goes lean and eventually catches up.

Again, please let me know if there seem to be any glaring issues in the AE settings. Maybe the RPM settings for Accel below or Accel Above?

I'll keep these settings and make a log soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know this is pretty old but I am having the same exact problem. Did you ever find out what was going on?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts