Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that every now and again in between gears my car just completely losses power between gears but runs fine other wise, any ideas what it could be maybe a bad chip?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are you just lightly crusing around when this happens, or are you really getting on it? I have had that happen when I give it some pedal and pop second hard.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Valve float cause that to happen, I had same problem and after I upgrade to 120lb valve springs I no longer have that lag problem after shifting .

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[Q
HTML:
UOTE=2002mustanggt;10631682]Valve float cause that to happen, I had same problem and after I upgrade to 120lb valve springs I no longer have that lag problem after shifting .[/QUOTE]

I think you might be right im.going to try shifting at a little lower rpm and see if that helps

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
yeah at lower rpm there is not much pressure in exhaust valve but at wot and high boost your valve float cause the lag, Trust me been there done that . Valve springs will fix your problem.

Lower your boost to 5 psi and go wot it wont have much lag , test it out. Anything after 10 psi you will have lag problem .

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thats the dreaded turbo lag in a 5 speed. You blow off all of your boost in between gears, thats why an automatic is king in a turbo car. Shift faster and try and powershift it, thats the only way you are going to stay in boost.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats the dreaded turbo lag in a 5 speed. You blow off all of your boost in between gears, thats why an automatic is king in a turbo car. Shift faster and try and powershift it, thats the only way you are going to stay in boost.
I shift hard but i can't power shift 2nd cause it locks me out, i might be getting a c4 before to long i can't decide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts