Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a break from the car for about a year after blowing the headgasket at the end of 2017 racing season.got it tune and with a novi 2200sl replacing my v1 strim it made 674rwhp @6k and 610rwtq.
Boost was 18.7 and total timming was 18 degrees.
Mods are mmr 4.75 900se,ported svo heads,ported svo intake, acqufab single blade throttle body, mhs stage 3 blower cams, bbk longtubes, bbk h pipe, borla stinger catback. This was on 93 octane with a snow performance stage 2 water methanol injection. The 50/50 mix seems to kill power due to too much water with the boost juice. Going to try a 70/30 ratio and up the timing a couple degrees and see if I can crack 700rwhp.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What size crank and blower pulley?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Nice #'s, good job!
That's a lot more timing than I could have ever ran but I was running 91 oct/straight meth. The absolute most I could ever run was 11* but I had a Safeguard listening to each cylinder. If there was even a tickle of knock in a cylinder the tune was changed to eliminate it. Even now with E85 the most I can run is 14* before power starts to fall off.
I'm not a fan of adding water to the meth but you could try it with straight meth to see if it helps any.

Keep us updated!

ks

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3.00 blower pulley,7.25 crank pulley.
The svo heads have a 53cc chamber and is a slow burn head which requires much more timing than the pi and tfs heads

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The water does a great job at cooling as evident by being able to place your hand on the intake after a run as it's cool to the touch.
Downside is that it kills horsepower. I use the boost juice which comes premixed

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running the boost juice which has 50 percent methanol and 50 percent water,the water does a good job of cooling but water does not combust. A 70/30 mix or 75/25 mixture would be better.not going to run straight methanol as its high inflammable

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I'm running the boost juice which has 50 percent methanol and 50 percent water,the water does a good job of cooling but water does not combust. A 70/30 mix or 75/25 mixture would be better.not going to run straight methanol as its high inflammable
Gasoline is also flammable and the car is carrying 20gal of it under the back of the car. What's the difference?

ks

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, but injecting pure methanol in a nylon line under the hood makes me a little nervous, I have friends that run straight methanol and no issues though

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
True, but injecting pure methanol in a nylon line under the hood makes me a little nervous, I have friends that run straight methanol and no issues though
You want any more boost juice? I have 8 or 10 gallons in the garage, I’ll sell ya cheap. I’m down in Plymouth. I sold my fox and no longer need it. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will get in touch

·
Registered
87 Posts
Vortech gt, do you know what your calculated load was at 6000? What's your compression ratio? 674 is great power for a two valve! Time to update your signature.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
You want any more boost juice? I have 8 or 10 gallons in the garage, I’ll sell ya cheap. I’m down in Plymouth. I sold my fox and no longer need it. Just throwing it out there.
How old is the Boost Juice? And was it kept out of the sun light?

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey John,it made 18.7 psi so I guess the load is around 2.
Comp ratio is 9.5.1.
Mike will be upping the boost from the 3.0 to a 2.8 or even 2.7 next year along with an injector and Maf upgrade.
Currently just about out of injector(60s) and need a 3.5 pro m housing instead of the 3 inch I currently run.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey John,it made 18.7 psi so I guess the load is around 2.
Comp ratio is 9.5.1.
Mike will be upping the boost from the 3.0 to a 2.8 or even 2.7 next year along with an injector and Maf upgrade.
Currently just about out of injector(60s) and need a 3.5 pro m housing instead of the 3 inch I currently run.
If you haven't I suggest doing an 8 rib conversion, using an ASP blower pulley with their different angled and flat top ribs, and a Thump RRR tensioner. I have had very good luck with that combo to combat belt slip.

I also just pulled a set of 75# injectors out of my car and went to 135#s for E85. I have all the injector data for them. Mike knows how to get in touch with me if you're interested. They are just sitting on my bench at the moment.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Already have the 8 rib and thump tensioner
Might go bigger like an ID 1000 incase I do run e85 down the road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts