Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my build, its a 302/twisted wedge heads/f-cam On3 70mm kit and its a blow through set up. The waste gate has the red spring in it and I am running a manual boost controller. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I have the inlet/oulet for the controller reversed. I am only seeing about 7-8 lbs no matter what I do with the controller (all the way up or down). This is how I have it hooked up.

you will run the line from the Turbo Compressor outlet towards the wastegate you will then put a T fitting at the end off that line... one end of that T will goto the BOTTOM port of the wastegate.. the other end of the T will goto the INLET port of the controller..the OUTLET port of the controller will goto the TOP port on the wastegate. The spring basically dictates lowest boost level. By setting it up this way you allow the BOOST pressure through the controller to act on top of the spring pressure to allow for MORE BOOST... with the controller fully open it will apply ALL BOOST PRESSURE to the top of the spring pressure and keep the gate closed .. i.e. more boost...with the controller fully closed the spring pressure itself is the only thing the gate has to over come .. LESS boost

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, my guess was right. My dumbass hooked up the boost controller backwards. Everything works PERFECT now!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Do you have a build thread or something? I'm interested in your setup...I'm going to build a similar setup and wondered what carb, pump, regulator, hat and are you able to fit it under a stock hood?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a build going on a local site. Once I get through Christmas I ill post one up, or I could email you a link if you would like.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I do have a build going on a local site. Once I get through Christmas I ill post one up, or I could email you a link if you would like.
That would be awesome ! I'd appreciate that !

Email to [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts