Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive looked everywhere and nothing seems to match my application. Im trying to make my harness standalone but the wire colors I have dont match up. I am talking about the round 8 pin plugs that connect the main engine harness to the chassis. My black connector has: (top row facing the pins from left to right) 1-brown with pink tracer 2- red with white tracer 3- white with pink tracer 4- looks like purple but then goes to a splice almost immediately after and then two pink with blue tracer wires come out.
(bottom row left to right) 1- red with green tracer 2- white with red tracer 3- a green wire that is only 3 inches long but connects to nothing 4- black with green tracer

grey connector (top row L-R) 1- blue with pink tracer 2- grey with black tracer 3- black with white tracer 4- blue with pink tracer
bottom L-R: 1- light green 2 blue with black tracer 3- black wire 3 inch long connects to nothing 4- tan with red tracer.

I thought the harness came out of an 87 speed density but the colors are way off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what each wire color goes to? I cant find any information specific to those colors. Ive seen plenty of pin-outs for those connectors, and it seemed like they changed every year but none of them matched what I have. Thanks

·
Registered
22,256 Posts
Do you know what each wire color goes to? I cant find any information specific to those colors. Ive seen plenty of pin-outs for those connectors, and it seemed like they changed every year but none of them matched what I have. Thanks
that will take some time

i will have to id each one on different pages

1 - 5 of 5 Posts