Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I order aftermarket wheels for my 2000 Gt I would like to know the stock offset measurement and the stock backspacing so as to compare the aftermarket wheels. ALSO within what dimensions do I need to stay, that is how close to the original do I need to stay to be within specs.....
Thanx,
Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure about other wheel specs to be close, but Ford 17X8 (factory GT rims) have a 5.72 inch back spacing (printed right on the boxes. What kind of wheels are you looking to put on it? Go to www.tirerack.com and give her a go...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I have been looking at Edelbrock and even have written them but no answer. Makes you think about NOT buying a product if they don't help you any....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Edelbrock wheels come in a 5.75 and 6.00 back spacing ford lug pattern (5 x 4 1/2) in their rim designs. Used to sell them where I worked. They are super nice wheels. High dollar though...good luck..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx again, if they say they will fit my GT alright, do you think they would be OK?I am considering either the 454 or 429...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sweet choices. Just make sure they are the correct bolt pattern and backspacing. Did they say they would fit, or did they say "these are for Mustangs." How wide are they? The Cobra R rims are 17x9 with a 5.95 back spacing for sn-95 and 99+ cars. Regular Ford 17x8 have a 5.72 backspacing. For the fox bodies they are 6.42 backspacing on the rear only. Keep these in mind when you are choosing. Do the math before you buy if the measurements fort he Edelbrock's don't fall into the regular Ford scheme. If you have any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Edelbrock and they told me to call Delta as they were the mfg. The fellow I talked to there told me that the 454 and 429 Edelbrock wheels were made to fit the older Mustangs, not the SN95's. I told him I had seen the 454 on a SN95 which was Edelbrocks car. He said that they were specially made for that application and were not marketable at this time. He thought the specs were not close enough. He seemed very knowledgeable.
So I guess I will try The Silver Bullitt Wheel from Diverserfied Products which is a Ford Motor Co., product.
Thanks again
olbob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts