Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to terminate an extended warranty early and collect any money from the early termination?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
No unless you have already payoff the loan if not then they will just credit the money into your loan. Personally I think extended warranties are worthless. just my opinion Carlos

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scroush2001 said:
No unless you have already payoff the loan if not then they will just credit the money into your loan. Personally I think extended warranties are worthless. just my opinion Carlos
I will have the car paid off before the extended warranty expires; therefore, what can I do?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
scroush2001 said:
What the heck are you talking about??? Sure you can cash in an extended warranty. I did it when I sold my '94. I bought an Alpine stereo with the money I got back. Your loan has nothing to do with your warranty!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slithering_Joe said:

What the heck are you talking about??? Sure you can cash in an extended warranty. I did it when I sold my '94. I bought an Alpine stereo with the money I got back. Your loan has nothing to do with your warranty!
How do you go about it and roughly what percent of your money do you get back? Thanks for the reply

Mike

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
What I did was I went back to the dealership and they have a form you fill out. (I'm assuming you got an extended warranty from Ford and your base warranty, 3year/36,000mile has expired.) They pro-rate your warranty based onmileage and time into it. What every the result, you will get a check in about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slithering_Joe said:
What I did was I went back to the dealership and they have a form you fill out. (I'm assuming you got an extended warranty from Ford and your base warranty, 3year/36,000mile has expired.) They pro-rate your warranty based onmileage and time into it. What every the result, you will get a check in about 6 weeks.
Thank you for your replies. The extended warranty is from the dealership as you speculated and is something I have been thinking about looking into terminating. I have just begun the mod craze and would rather have some cash in my pocket than worrying about voiding my warranty. FWIW my standard warranty expires some time during august 2003 and the extended is through 2005.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts