Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saving up some money, probably for an S-trim, so I need to know what it will look like! Also, what issues I'm going to run into w/ the A/C delete, PS relocate, and smog delete, etc. :D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Here's mine, I've removed my a/c, you won't have any problems doing whatever you want to do. Just ask around, there will be someone who has done what you ask.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
most vortechs will look the same installed (passenger mount) so if you want more pics my SC-trim is linked in the sig.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
539 Posts
Before

After

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
93TRANSAM said:
Boy does that motor look familiar :p

Hopefully one day I can get my car somewhere to what you guys were runnin at the track rental.

Your car is so sweet man.......:evil:

·
Registered
863 Posts
jcm3 said:
Here's mine, I've removed my a/c, you won't have any problems doing whatever you want to do. Just ask around, there will be someone who has done what you ask.

[/B][/QUOTE]

How do u like the Power Cooler? Did you see an increase in psi?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Glasnost said:

How's your evac system holding up?
It seems to be working great. I originally had the Hobbs switch in the neck of the upper manifold, and had to move it to the plenum. It seems that the air velocity that close to the throttle body wouldn't allow the switch to function properly.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice everyone! How is the Vortech air/water setup? :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
musclestang89 said:
How do u like the Power Cooler? Did you see an increase in psi?
I didn't see enough of a drop for it to be noticeable, but Vortech says up to 1 psi or so. But, since the charge is cooler I did see a +20 rwhp gain without any other chages.

I did it mostly for the protection against detonation, and I am really glad I did it. I've read posts where people say they saw a few mph at the 1/8th with just putting ice in the cooler.

I'd do it again, given the choice. Where it would really be an advantage is with race gas and ice in the cooler, with a dual stage chip or somehow to take advantage of the cooler charge and more timing. I wouldn't mind doing that someday, but for now it is just a little bit of extra protection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts