Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 92GT, I curently have Tokico Illuminas with FMS C rate springs..
I don`t like the rake forward.
I'm running MM LCA's and FMS HD UCA's

I want the car to sit straight and even, as i have seen many others with this stance.
«the car is for Street use only, not racing.

I was looking at H&R springs
anyone know which springs would give the car an even stance?
Thank you

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I agree with the weight jacker LCA's instead. J&M makes some nice ones, too.

ks

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
you can always trim the rear springs a bit to even it out, although first make sure that they are oriented correctly as i've seen that alone add little height

·
Registered
404 Posts
You should be able to do this with what you already have. Make sure you have isolators on the front springs and take them off the rear springs. As mentioned above, you can rotate the rear springs and make the car go up and down.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
WAAAAY back in the day, i ran the FMS C springs with the MM adjustable height arms. With them on their lowest setting, the stance is fairly even. Ultimately it will depend on the weight of the front end of your car (AL heads vs iron heads, no AC, etc) but i was satisfied with it as i didn't like the raked look of the C springs with stock arms.

That was a few spring setups ago though, so no recent pics

·
Registered
905 Posts
The MM adjustable arms are very nice, I have them. I've had C and B springs and always trimmed them. I would trim the springs ( the original spring install sheet has instructions if you need) and add the arms to make it perfect.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Not a fan of the alphabet springs. I've run H&Rs on my 86 GT (Race and Super Race) and 01 Cobra (Super Sport) . But I agree swapping to the MM rear adjustables made setting the stance so much easier. So much in fact, putting C/Os on the front became a must do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts