Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it's an NHRA requirement that metal valve stems be used in the front wheels too.

In eyeing up my front Telstars, it doesn't look like the metal valve steams will work, as the valve stem hole is not on a completely flat area of the wheel.

Has anyone attempted this?

·
Registered
500 Posts
i think my front telstars have metal valvestems

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There are different types. I put some metal ones in stock 10 hole wheels and I had to use the ones where the nuts are on the inside of the wheel. There are 2 nuts that work like jam nuts. The outside where it meets the wheel is alot smaller than the standard metal stems.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are different types. I put some metal ones in stock 10 hole wheels and I had to use the ones where the nuts are on the inside of the wheel. There are 2 nuts that work like jam nuts. The outside where it meets the wheel is alot smaller than the standard metal stems.
I have never seen any like. If you could dig up a part number I would truly appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
These are the ones I have. I got mine at a local speed shop. I don't know why the Summit ones are sold in packs of 5. Maybe for a spare as well.

Valve Stems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts