Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Vortech S-trim for my Cobra :joy: and was wondering if I could use the C & L meter that I already have on the car. It would obviously flow better than stock, and is a direct replacement for the OEM meter, so I wouldn't see why not. But ya never know!:rolleyes:

I'll let the Professionals weigh in here.

Oh BTW...I am going to use the FMU with my 24lb'ers for now, shortly I will go to 42's and no FMU. ( The money fairy left me short, the b*tch!)

O

·
0 Posts
Hey Pritch
remember me...talked to you about buying th car a year ago?
I had problems with the powerpipe, C&L, & 42's. It was fine with 24's & 38's.

Give me a call and I will set you up with a Diablo chip too. The deal of the Century.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You'll need to make a custom bracket for the meter. I have the entire set for sale. Give me a call, PM for the #.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only thing that people have had problems with C&L's in a blow thru application. HP will not tune a car with blow thru C&L. I have the same meter you are talking about and have had no trouble it. I would be afraid to run your car very hard with those 24# injectors, the thing is going to run lean like crazy.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Onerichrunner:

Hey, how have you been? I saw PICS of that Roush you bought...Nice ride ( that hood sure was different tho!!!) I recognized the S/N and I thought that might be yours.

I was going to try over a Cerra Racing for a dyno tune when the blowers on, but if you have the " Deal of the Century " on a Diablo chip, I might be interested :D

I have friends using that chip and they have been very happy with it, altho they have all been basically stock, N/A cars.

Drop me a PM or E-mail...we'll talk!!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I run both.........

tim

·
Registered
868 Posts
You can use it, but don't use the superchip that comes with it, it's crap. Use Shawn's chip, you won't be disappointed :).

And you'll have to setup a bracket to install it. I used the bracket that came with the vortech kit, hacksawed off the part the stock meter bolted too, drilled a few holes, and mounted it...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey Pritch,

I am new to the blower world as well. I'm by no means an expert, but I was faced with the same decision you were about using the C&L. I don't know what type of power you are looking for, but since this is my daily driver, I don't want to get too crazy. I'm looking for rwhp in the neighborhood of 390-410.

I felt that running the C&L may cause the car to run too lean, so I've decided to go back with the stock meter (I've got stock injectors too).

I would suggest having your stock meter handy so that when you do go for the custom tune, you will have the option of swapping the C&L out if you are running too lean.

Just my .02. Good luck. :)

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts