Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running my SVO EEC that came with my supercharger. Once I get my heads I will want a custom tune and chip. Now, the SVO eec is a direct replacement of the stock 98 comptuer. It looks the same and everything. Can the tuner work off of that or do I need to put my 98 EEC back in. It's not a problem, but I don't want to spend another $70 to have the PATS done to get the 98 EEC back in. I had to pay the dealership to do that when I put my SVO EEC in. Will the tuner do that or do I have to go back to the dealership again?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sorry I'm not answering your question, but you bring up an interesting point. I've been contemplating FRPP heads for my 96 and if I get the FRPP-recommended engine management computer, I may need to get my factory alarm system re-programmed if I go that route. Is that what happened with yours when you put in the blower-specific computer?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
98Roush said:
I am running my SVO EEC that came with my supercharger. Once I get my heads I will want a custom tune and chip. Now, the SVO eec is a direct replacement of the stock 98 comptuer. It looks the same and everything. Can the tuner work off of that or do I need to put my 98 EEC back in. It's not a problem, but I don't want to spend another $70 to have the PATS done to get the 98 EEC back in. I had to pay the dealership to do that when I put my SVO EEC in. Will the tuner do that or do I have to go back to the dealership again?
most tuners would rather work with the stock eec. that is the route i am going. PM chris98vobra or dmann and i am sure they can help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would call your tuner and ask him which processor he prefers. All processors have a 4 digit code on them. Give your tuner the 4 digit code for both the SVO computer and stock computer. Based on that information he should easily be able to tell you which processor he would rather tune with. Out of curiosity what is the 4 digit code on your SVO computer?

Dave

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm pretty sure autologic can handle the SVO blower EEC now. Check with an autologic tuner to be sure. If the diablo guys say they can't, tell them it's the same strategy as a 96-98, just different table values.

A brand new EEC doesn't have the PATS enabled until it's first use, so you are OK. Once it's been powered up the PATS codes are set, though.

David

·
Registered
413 Posts
I may have lied. I'm sure autologic can handle the 96-97 SVO EEC. I'm not positive about the 98 :(

You should be able to swap back to the stock EEC without a PATS reset.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been running the svo eec for a month or so now so pats is enabled im sure.

So, if the tuner wants to use the 98 eec, I can just pop it in? I don't need to go to the dealership again?

I don't think there is a difference between the 96-98 svo eec's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts