Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I know that my front springs are to soft for auto x and the back will work. Is there somewhere that I can just buy 2 front springs to replace them?

I was thinking of going to the ford place and ordering 2 front bullitt springs but I think it will make my car sit higher up front than the back.

Here's how the front sits now, I was going to get a pic of the back but I have a full tank of gas and 2 nitto dr in the back so its sagging lower than normal.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ford motorsport sells the 95 cobra R (700-850# I think) and 2000 cobra R (800#) springs separately.

Not sure what the height would be like.

The FMS C springs are 650#... and pretty cheap too.

check www.buyfordmotorsport.com

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've got the Bullitt front and rears and my ride height looks exactly like your pics. I don't think the Bullitt fronts would keep the ride height too high at all. With the Bullitt springs, I am dead-level at all four corners (the rear used to be too high with the B's). I love the full set of those springs, with all my other mods, the car handles incredibly well and the ride is not too harsh.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I think I will buy some bullitt springs and try them out and see how it looks.

How would the "B" back springs and bullitt front springs handle compared to "B" back and H&R race up front?

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Neither. The Bullitts have a similar rate as C springs, actually a little heavier, but a much milder drop, making them a better overall spring for handling on an otherwise stock-geometry front end.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Here's the specs, probably should have added this:

B's
Front: 425-530
Rear: 200-300

C's
Front: 650
Rear: 200-300

Bullitt
Front: 600
Rear: 250

I definitely like the Bullitt set over the B's or C's. My first set of C's were freaky, the front was lowered about 2.5". The B's were OK, but the car seemed to sway a lot. The Bullits are perfect and go great with the Bilsteins. You'll definitely like them and they are getting very popular for the Fox and SN-95's.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys I just ordered a front set of Bullitt Springs. Hopefully they dont sit higher than the back but I guess we will see.

jrgoffin did you ever measure the back of your car from the ground to the fender lip to see the height, I would like to compare it to my B springs out back.

I appreciate everyones help.

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Doh! Why do I have it stuck in my head that Bullitts are 700 lbs? I see after digging around that they're semi-officially listed as 600.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For some reason, I have yet to actually measure, but I suppose I can do that when I go out to wash the car in a few minutes! Off the top of my head, I'd say there is about 2 inches above each tire, so it's pretty level at all four corners. I remember with the B's and C's, there was a bunch more air over the rear tires and the front was always a bunch lower - I hated that look!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
let me know jrgoffin. As of now mine sits perfectly level with the B's. I have the same gap all the way around like in the pics above. mine measure 26 1/2" out back from ground to fender lip. Thats with 145/45/17's

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
With the Bullitts, it was also 26 1/2" (I run 245/45-17's if it matters). That even ride height sounds decent with your B's - it seemed that most guys end up with the rear higher up in the air - must be a huge variety with those springs! It was about 27" when the Bullitts first went on, but they settled just a bit after a couple hundred miles. If you add the front springs, why not do all four? They work great as a full set!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great, it sounds like they are about the same. Reason I'm not doing all 4 is because it seems like the back springs in the B kit are pretty good, its just the front that sucks for autox. I'm installing sn95 brakes up front at the moment and that cost me more than I was hoping, which leaves me with not much money left for suspension. I was going to just do the brakes and then get it aligned because my tires are wearing to crap but I just a soon put the springs and struts while i'm there and get it aligned once.

Should I use the bullitt struts also or should I get something with a little more quality??

·
Registered
700 Posts
Wow! After 3 years, my B springs had settled down to ~25.25" in the front and ~25.75" in the rear (with the battery in the back)!
They weren't very level from side to side either...

After that nightmare, I went with coil-overs. They're all adjusted to exactly 25.75" :D

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Skankin said:
They're all adjusted to exactly 25.75" :D
And sure as **** your corner weights are ALL messed up ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
But it LOOKS perfect :D

(I've never measured the corner weights)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts