Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of this? does the frame have to be notched? is it better to shorten the axles?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not an answer to your question but a reference...

That was 325/50 MT radials on a 15x10 with 6.5 backspacing and 1/4in spacers on each side. The tires were almost sitting against the rear coil springs even with the BFH to the inner fenderwells.

I couldn't stand the way it looked and went back to a 275/60 on a 10in rim.

I'm no expert but I don't see why the 325's wouldn't fit with the minitub and coilovers and a 7.5in bs rim.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thats exactly what I plan on doing. I already have the coilovers welded in. If I widen my existing rims (from 5.5 to 7.5) to accept with 325, It looks like it will miss the frame by about 3/4". My problem is going to be the gas tank. Its a Glens Performance and i'm not getting rid of it. When I install my tubs, i'll prolly cut the frame anyway, just for the added width.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I will be close I have 325's and the car is mini tubed rear was narrowed 2 1/4" each side and the tires tuck under very nicely with about 1" clearance all around and the rear is lowered .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be close I have 325's and the car is mini tubed rear was narrowed 2 1/4" each side and the tires tuck under very nicely with about 1" clearance all around and the rear is lowered .

that looks nice. did you have to notch the frame?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Yes I did I wanted all the room I could get to fit the 325's and lower the car down so it did not sit so ass end high . Go here to see more of my build so far http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2474570

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
325/50/15 on 15x10 with 7.5 BS on mini-tubbed coupe with stock 8.8 width 9" rear.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
The tire is about flush with the fender lip, I never really dropped it more than about an inch or so above the lip. The round part of the tire would probably rub the edge of the lip. But I switched to 28x10.5 ET Drags and on the same wheel, they will tuck inside the fender.

·
Registered
320 Posts
White90GT, do you mean it would rub the inner factory quarter lip or the outer painted side?(as in you cut away the inner lip). I plan on having my wheels widened to 11", it will widen the overall section to about 13.5" but will shrink the sidewall bulge sucking the tire in tighter from 1 1/4" to about 3/4".

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
White90GT, do you mean it would rub the inner factory quarter lip or the outer painted side?(as in you cut away the inner lip). I plan on having my wheels widened to 11", it will widen the overall section to about 13.5" but will shrink the sidewall bulge sucking the tire in tighter from 1 1/4" to about 3/4".

Not the inner frame lip, still got like 2" of space inside there, you could fit a 15x12 with like 8-9" backspace LOL.

I mean the inside of the outer fender lip, the part that you normally roll in for when the tires rub.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's a link with pics of my junk. I'm the Blue 79 Stang (DOT #21). Mickey 325/50 DR's with Billet Spec. 15 x 10 with 7.5" backspacing. Stock width 8.8" rear with the inner wheel wells moved-in and the outter lips rolled. Stock rear frame rails. Looks ok and works. Last week in the mid 90's heat went a 1.37 with a [email protected] in street worthy trim.

Tater

http://tmkphotography1.smugmug.com/gallery/8896919_9Cx2e/1/590143041_xQmhS#590144881_dmERy
for some reason i couldnt make the pic larger. do you have anymore?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ideal wheel backspacing /w Stock length rearend /w 325 radials is 8" with a minitub

That way it fits inside fender lip and you can lower the car down without rubbing the fender lip.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i have 10" wide with 6.5" b.s. and 2" off the rear on both sides.it's mini-tubed and the frame is notched. we also clearanced the front of the wheel well to fit 315's if needed

·
Banned
199 Posts
i used a 325-50-15 on a 15x10 with 6.5 bs with stock 8.8 and mini tubes, and compition eng. rear coil over kit. I rolled the 1/4 lip on the inside and the height of the 1/4 lip to the grnd is 27" i think i heard 26" is optimal but i dont have a anti-rollbar yet so it would scrub while driving through a turn. street car here, drive it to work everyday.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i used a 325-50-15 on a 15x10 with 6.5 bs with stock 8.8 and mini tubes, and compition eng. rear coil over kit. I rolled the 1/4 lip on the inside and the height of the 1/4 lip to the grnd is 27" i think i heard 26" is optimal but i dont have a anti-rollbar yet so it would scrub while driving through a turn. street car here, drive it to work everyday.

do you have pics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts