Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good camera mount to put on the outside or inside of the car. I don't have a roll bar to hook one up to so I would need one to mount on the window/roof. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That brings up a good point. At my last autocross somebody had a yellow one with a large suction cup at the bottom that mounted on his roof. I just can't remeber who made it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The suction cup mounts are allowed with a few organizations.

The one from Chasecam is pretty strong, I have never had it fail.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
they're generally legal as long as they're tethered, some way of keeping the camera from becoming a missile in the event of a mount failure.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
so like hang it on the 1/4 glass and tether it to the seat belt bolt on the inner b-pillar?

i cringe at thinking about my camera fliying off and hitting my door, eek

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
bikewiz said:
so like hang it on the 1/4 glass and tether it to the seat belt bolt on the inner b-pillar?

i cringe at thinking about my camera fliying off and hitting my door, eek
As you should. Allowances will depend on who it is you're running with, but common sense should prevail even though it rarely does. Personally I wouldn't mount and tether a camera that way, you're asking for it to become a medeival pike and smash you in the face.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I made one using the camera mount thing from a tripod and screwed it into the rear deck behind the rear seats. Works pretty good and only took 10 minutes and an old tripod. You still see the camera mount when its not there, but doesnt bother me. Here is a clip i shot off it on a "closed" track. (the sound is off a bit and its about 30mb) http://www.joegorm.com/Videos/quarter mile.mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts