Looking for advice shift points/ max RPM with the attached Cam Specs

Car/Motor Details

1982 GT 5spd 8.8 rear with 3.73

Scat Rotating Assembly
10:5 C/R
TF 11R Heads
Airgap performer with Quick Fuel 650 dbl pumper Mech secondaries
MSD 6AL2 and Pro Billet Dist.

Hopefully will get a dyno run in the future but looking for a good starting point.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Hard to say, but I would start by shifting around 6000 and see if it likes that. shift up and down from there and watch to see what it likes.

Also, I think your carb a little small. I think a 750 would be better sized for that combo. That 650 would be great for a 302-331. It will work and probably work pretty well. I will bet throttle response will be really good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Probably shift around 6300 or so peak power in the upper 5000s. That cam is probably a little bit small for that engine.

The easiest way to figure shift point is to put it on a dyno and do the math.

·
Old timer
5,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Probably shift around 6300 or so peak power in the upper 5000s. That cam is probably a little bit small for that engine.

The easiest way to figure shift point is to put it on a dyno and do the math.
This is good advice. I have a similar cam in my 347 and I shift around 6500.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Comp Cams XE274HR. Had one in my 351W and though I never did get it tested N/A, it did put down 640hp/715lb ft through a 74mm On3 setup. I feel it would have easily made 430/450 naturally aspirated. Vic Jr heads 10.4:1 comp, TRW forged pistons stock rods stock crank, custom box upper and Tmoss ported Pro Products lower and tuned Megasquirt.

I originally built the motor for myself to be a mild, enjoyable and torquey setup that I would eventually run a small turbo at low boost with. A customer liked the idea so much that he threw a great deal that I couldn't say no to. One of the best all around off the shelf cams for engines in that displacement range. Great street cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts