Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAM RECCOMENDATION??

Hello! I recently scored a good deal on a built 363 for my 88 Gt. The engine Is a dart block 363 stroker -22 forged pistons, with trickflow 11r 190cc 66cc heads, holley system max intake with manual trans. I will be putting my vortech v1 s-trim on it(8''lower/3.15upper pullies) The car is 99.9% street car. Hoping for 550-600 rwhp. It has a Frpp X303 cam in it at the moment. Would this cam be ok for my set up or not work for my combo. any suggestions? I know a custom cam would be best but just curious how it would do with the current cam. Are my power numbers on par?

thanks
tim

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Through a stick, those numbers should be easy. Your limiting factors are the supercharger, intake and cam in that order. But improve any one of those three and you'll pick up. You will probably want to pulley the blower aggressively since the combination won't turn a lot of rpm.

I'd run it and see where you are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Trying to decide on a cam currently with my Dart 363ci. I'm going to run a F1A or R series and a box R intake but may just run NA for the first few miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts