Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was replacing the o-rings on my fuel injectors. I was working on the last one and accidentally dropped it on the ground. The dark brown pintle cap broke into millions of pieces but the actual injector didn't appear to suffer any damage. So today I headed over to the junkyard to find a new injector. There weren't any 5.0 Mustangs but I did find a 5.0 Mark VII. It had the orange injectors so I assumed it would be the same as our 5.0 injectors. A close inspection revealed that the Mark7 injectors were an actual orange to my 5.0s darker orange/brown injectors. Also the part numbers were very similiar yet different:

Mark7: E6TE-A2B
Mustang 5.0: E6TE-A3B

Since the part numbers were different I decided not to use the Mark7 injector but I took off the pintle cap and it fit just fine on my 5.0 injector. I came home to make sure the pintle was the same as my 5.0 ones but a close inspection revealed that the pintle caps are shaped differently, and they are different colors. My 5.0s are a dark brown, the Mark7s are the same orange as the injectors.

So my question is, will these Mark7 injectors work with my injectors? If not will the different shape of the pintle cap work with my stock 5.0 injectors? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yes they are the same in cetain aspect- they work off the same voltage, they are the same size, but I do not know for sure if they use the same wiring harness, I believe that the wiring harness is the same in Explorers, you need to look at the pin on the injector from the markVII, they need to be flat, not round pins, but you could use them if you would like, you jsut need adaptors form MarkVII injectors to Mustang wiring harness, you can get them for interactive systems and technologies. hope this helps
James

·
Registered
382 Posts
Damn I jsut noticed that you were from San Luis- I am origionally from Santa Maria, I will be going back to Cali when I get done with work out in this neck of the woods- its kinda neat to see some fellow people form my home! anyway man i will not try to hold you upanymore talk to you later
James

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Guys - kinda off of this original topic, but only slightly...
I have a friend who put used 19 lb. injectors (which worked when they came out of the car - they were mine, so I'm positive) in his car and we've sinced diagnosed that they are not working - I believe they are sludged up, possibly from the gas evaporating and leaving the pintle, in effect, varnished shut... Any idea on what we can do to clean them? solvents? fuel?

Thanks!

- Jeff

·
Registered
660 Posts
guys, have a questions, what are the different colors and their sizes of injectors. I know each color means something, just don't know which.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
psychoII said:
guys, have a questions, what are the different colors and their sizes of injectors. I know each color means something, just don't know which.
Thanks
19's are orange
24's are light blue
30's are red
36's are dark blue
42's are lime green

1 - 11 of 11 Posts