Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what calipers work/ fit with the griggs sla? i have the sn-95 calipers that came with the front 5 lug conversion/ spindles. there is no way these will bolt up due to interferance with the upper control arm/ ball joint.

i really want to save for the griggs 4 on 4 kit as they are some of the best brakes ive ever felt on a mustang, but would like to know my options. basically any caliper thats clocked in a different position would work. on the passenger side the sn-95 caliper is from 9 -12 o clock, i would need about 8 -10 o clock position or so.

·
Registered
69 Posts
what calipers work/ fit with the griggs sla? i have the sn-95 calipers that came with the front 5 lug conversion/ spindles. there is no way these will bolt up due to interferance with the upper control arm/ ball joint.

i really want to save for the griggs 4 on 4 kit as they are some of the best brakes ive ever felt on a mustang, but would like to know my options. basically any caliper thats clocked in a different position would work. on the passenger side the sn-95 caliper is from 9 -12 o clock, i would need about 8 -10 o clock position or so.
I had the same issue and ended up using the Whitby Motorcars spindle adapter instead of the Griggs part. This only uses the 2 strut bolt holes and allows the use of any brakes that fit a SN95 spindle. The only other option is to make custom brackets that relocate the caliper down.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue and ended up using the Whitby Motorcars spindle adapter instead of the Griggs part. This only uses the 2 strut bolt holes and allows the use of any brakes that fit a SN95 spindle. The only other option is to make custom brackets that relocate the caliper down.
ok thought about fabbing some custom brackets but dont really want to as its more work for stock brakes.

got a link or pics of different spindle/ balljoint adapter? the gr adapters were like $220 alone>:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts