Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 1/8 mile track what is the cut off on Et and no roll cage? I guess when you go cage you need a racing seat harness and jacket? Who makes the best kit while keeping dash, headliner and door panels?

Barryb

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Not sure of the cut off, (and I'm to lazy to look it up right now) but S&W race cars has a nice bar/cage set up for mustangs, I put in their 8pt in my coupe, nice tight fit. but to answer part of the question, if you think you'll need a bar/cage, it's better to just do it, I'd rather wreck the car and walk away vs wreck and have to get carried away..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is the MM bolt in roll bars decent protection? I see they pass NHRA Tech.
I used the MM bolt in 6pt with the swing out door bars.I welded it in and changed the rear bars to go in the trunk instead of going to the wheel tubs.I'm legal to 9.99 and never had tech issues with it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
do yourself a favor. are you keeping this car? do you plan to go faster?

DO YOUR CHASSIS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!!!

don't get a roll bar for now if you plan to dip into the nines later. do a 10pt cage so you don't have to pay for it twice. believe me, i know. and swing outs are great

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'am 53 yrs old and a huge sob so I will need the swing open door bars. Hope to find a seat and harness to fit my big butt. I guess what I need is to drop some weight and then I will need the 10pt cage. The car is so sweet I hate to screw up the interior. The bolt in bar I could take out later. I've already replaced the rear seat with a Scott Amato rear rear seat delete and replaced the passenger seat with a NOS bottle so wtf. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts