Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, finnaly getting around to paint the damn cage....its been over a year raw.

I am going to use the rustolium "Hammered" finish paint because its strong as hell. My plan is to take green/red scotchbright pads to rough up/remove crap then wipe it down with some accitone or something. Then primer and paint.

Sound good?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Used a med. grit sandpaper on mine then paint thinner, clean and then clean it again and again. Until rags come up clean. Painted my whole cage except about 12" from any welded point. Once it is welded in just go back and do touch up work.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I wasn't looking forward to doing it either, I also went with the rustolium paint, but I used gloss black instead and used a foam brush. I just went over it with a scotch bright pad and cleaned it after that, I think it came out alright for what it is, I didn't want to use a spray can, I figured I would make a huge mess considering that I suck at painting :eek:. heres a pic

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Hammered finish paint leaves a unique finish. Should look fairly good I think. I'll let you know how it turns out next week.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't i know it....I actually got a roll of brown paper that painters use. Should be really fun!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got the primer coat on it tonight. How many finish coats should I put on it with the Hammered coat stuff?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts