Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
im pretty sure it doesnt need to be, unless there is a speed and/or e/t regualtion..
im sure someone else will chime in
ken

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
If your car runs the number that requires the cage, then you need it certed regardless of how often you run your car.

Granted, some tracks might be more lenient than others, but if they are following the rules, then yes, it would have to be certed as well as needing any of the other required safety equipment.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
this is wht the rules say so if your car is running slower than 9.99 then no.
Full bodied cars, with unaltered firewall, floor and body (from firewall rearward, wheeltubs permitted), running between 10.00 (*6.40) and 10.99 (*6.99) roll bar permitted in place of roll cage. Cars running between 7.50 (*4.50) and 9.99 (*6.39) must have chassis inspected every three-years by the ASN and have a serialised sticker affixed to cage before participation. Must conform to specs for body style used, as listed in General Regulations 4.11, 10.6.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
this is wht the rules say so if your car is running slower than 9.99 then no.
Full bodied cars, with unaltered firewall, floor and body (from firewall rearward, wheeltubs permitted), running between 10.00 (*6.40) and 10.99 (*6.99) roll bar permitted in place of roll cage. Cars running between 7.50 (*4.50) and 9.99 (*6.39) must have chassis inspected every three-years by the ASN and have a serialised sticker affixed to cage before participation. Must conform to specs for body style used, as listed in General Regulations 4.11, 10.6.
If you put a cage ( not a roll bar ) in your car you must follow the rules for a cage even if the car where only running 15.00 sec that even means you have to install a window net and have the cage certified .

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
The cert is only required if you go 9.99 or faster

The window net is required when you install the cage.

A roll bar 6-8 point is good to 10.00

I installed a 12 point in mine due to I felt the car needed it. I have not got it certed and don't plan to as I don't see the car going 9's anytime soon.

Tim

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yeah I have a 10 point and I'm running 10.60's. I have had the net installed since I got it and my cert just expired earlier this summer but they said I don't need to get it done until I go faster. When that happens it would getting upgraded to a 25.5 anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts