Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to finish my on3 build here soon,it a 96 4.6 gt shooting for about 450/500 to the wheels on a race tune.going to be putting the car on a diet this winter,like to hear from you guys that have done a c4 with a brake swap.rear gear is a 3.27,and running a 28inch tall sick,the car is street driven.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking to do the c4 to lose some weight,like to hear from some of the guy that have done it.what are the pro and con,are they happy with the swap.just put some detail on the car in there,because someone all way's ask's.aode is heavy and the brake is 800 buck,trying to get race weight down to 3000 with me in it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the c4 with a turbo is a great combo. small and somewhat light and dosent cost a fortune to build. i am 100% pleased with my c4 swap and will never go back. with a mild 3.27 gear and 28" tire it's still very mild and dose'nt rev to the moon while driving on the street. you will be pleased.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
the c4 with a turbo is a great combo. small and somewhat light and dosent cost a fortune to build. i am 100% pleased with my c4 swap and will never go back. with a mild 3.27 gear and 28" tire it's still very mild and dose'nt rev to the moon while driving on the street. you will be pleased.
You would probably 60' better with a 3.55.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the c4 i have has a low gear kit in it,how well will the 3.55 work with a 2.75 low gear?i hear a lot of guy's on here say 4.6 like a lite rear gear,with a turbo.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I can't comment on the 4.6 turbo powerband you might get, but I'd go 3.27 with a 2.75 first even with 28's. But that's just cause I'd want it as little better on the street for me. You sound like you may going racier though.

What kinda times do you want to run? What kinda R's will the motor turn? You can guesstimate your finish line R's and see how the gears work out.

http://www.eldemoniorojo.com/calculator.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts