Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is you favorite drag race c4 auto shifter for a reverse manual .
I currently have a B&M quicksilver ratchet shifter works well but I am thinking of maybe updating to one with and electric shift ability . So let me see what you have ( does not have to be electric shift ) just might get me to pull the trigger and buy a new shifter . Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
mines a B&M... not a fan of it...

i plan to pick up a PPP shifter since they make hands down the nicest shifter on the market

·
Registered
302 Posts
I use a B&M Pro Ratchet and like it.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I've had my B&M Z-gate shifter for over 10 years in different cars (both race car and street car) without a problem. it's a foward pattern only.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hurst quarter stick for the win !! Here's my install with pistol grip.

Light-years ahead of my old B&M

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Quarter stick - came with my glide. It's pretty good; reverse is a pain in the ass. LOVE the Winters/Cheetah shifters though. Like the old Jaguar shifters but with balls of steel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm using the Outlaw with 2 buttons. It's fine and does the job.
I really wanted to run a PPP but never saw a clean street car installation. That thing is big.

Lots of different ways to skin a cat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
tci outlaw

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well when I am ready to finally drive the car I am going to buy a new tci diablo shifter with the 2 buttons for the line lock and trans break seeing I have to engage the trans break to go into reverse will make things much easier .

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's a fine shifter. Top button has the 2-step & TB wired together. Bottom button turns on over drive.
Heat shield the cable and I've had zero issues on a turbo car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts