Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Redneck C4 back in March. It has bee flawless untill today. I took the car for a spin and ran it hard one full pass, brought in back to the house and put it in park to check a few thing. A few seconds after putting it in park I heard a strang metalic grinding sound from the bell housing area. I shut the car off and started to check converter bolts. They were tight. Well after checking a few other thing I pulled the trans. The converter seems to have some broken splines and the spilne on the large shaft, I beleive its the pump shaft are mangled up a bit. So did the pump lock up. what needs to be chec out at this piont? I knowI need a ne converter, but what about the trans.

Even just before all of this happend it was working very strong, It had plenty of fluid. So what do I do now. I know Its out of warranty but I would expect it to last a bit longer than this. I only has about 30 passes at the track since it was new and maybe 120 street miles.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to do that on Monday morning. I dont expect much out of them because this thing is out of its warranty period, and I expect things to break. I just want to know what to do to fix it.

Thanks
Chirs

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm not a trans expert but it sounds like you may have some of those broken splines that worked there way into the pump. Are you running nos or blower/turbo on the car? maybe the converter could not handle it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Nope, says 6 months on their ebay listings. It's barely out, seems like they'd work with you on it. Interested to here how it comes out, I've had good luck with their convertor so far, looking at buying one of their t-brakes. Keep us posted and good luck.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be fair to them I looked at my original invoice and the setup is 11 mounths old now. I was mistaken thinking i got it in March. However I did olso count my time slips and this thing only has 37 passes and about 160 street miles since new. I called this morning and left a message, no return call yet though.

And The car is on motor not turbo or nitrous, simple set up, Stock short block, f cam, AFR 165 heads, Typhoon intake, 2975lb race weight. It has been 11.83 with this setup. This was on Foot brake, the trans brake has only been used 7-8 times. The trans it self has not given me any problems untill this.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I talked to them today and The results are good. Converter rebuilt or replaced witch ever is needed, for $125 and the pump replaced for $85. Pretty cheep since its out of its warrnty and they realy dont have to do anything. I`m satisfied.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Don is a stand up guy and will take care of you.No other trans company has his level of customer service.when i step up to a t400 I will go back to redneck for the tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts