Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok going to run a spool w/ my new gear set up. after reading alot of threads it seems u need to use a c-clip eliminator kit w/ spools. which kits are the best for drag racing ? any flaws with the kits? looking for feedback from people whos cars are used for drag racing only..thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Strange Engineering c-clip eliminators with Pro-Race spool and Pro-Race axles here.

Got them all from Dave at www.teamzmotorsports.net

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I gotta x2 for what Todd said. I have strange spool, axles, and c clip eliminators, I got the lug nuts and 5/8 studs as well. The moser's install a bit different then the strange and the axles aren't as thick on the ends where the bearings go. ( As far as the 31's go I don't know about the 33)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have strange there pretty simple to install and they don't leak if your lucky.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does the Strange Engineering 8.8" Ford Pro Race Axle/Spool Package from teamZmotorsports also come in a 4-lug package?

I have 03 Cobra Replicas in a 4 lug for street and Drag Light front/rear wheels for track. Would hate to have to buy all new wheels for street and strip.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the Moser 33 spline axles/spools/c-clip eliminators and the 5/8" studs in 4 lug. No complaints, NO leaks.

My dad has the 33 spline Strange set-up in his.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does the Strange Engineering 8.8" Ford Pro Race Axle/Spool Package from teamZmotorsports also come in a 4-lug package?

I have 03 Cobra Replicas in a 4 lug for street and Drag Light front/rear wheels for track. Would hate to have to buy all new wheels for street and strip.

Yes the set I bought from Dave, the axles were drilled for both 5 and 4 lug.

·
Registered
270 Posts

I just ordered a set of 33 spline axles and a spool from Strange. I was told that these axles are all considered custom and can be drilled for any bolt circle desired. In fact I'm getting the stock 4 on 4 1/4.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I had the Moser 31 splines, moser c-clip elims, and moser spool. No leaks on mine either. I coated the surfaces with black RTV as well when installed. Ran 10-15 passes per month for over a year with no problems.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Do the axles not stick out farther when you put c clip elims on the stock housing?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I don't think so because you cut off the snout or the end of the axle tube that extends past the flange.
Exactly, you cut off 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the end of the axle tube in order to properly seat the c-clip eliminator.

I've always heard, simply use the same brand c-clip eliminator as you have axles. So since I already had moser 31 spline axles, when I got the spool, I bought moser c-clip elims. All worked well together and had no leaks or problems.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are C-clip eliminators something that I can tackle during a weekend, or does all this cutting of the housing tubes need to be done by professionals? Sounds like alot of work

·
Registered
270 Posts
Are C-clip eliminators something that I can tackle during a weekend, or does all this cutting of the housing tubes need to be done by professionals? Sounds like alot of work
I'll let you know in a little while! I just bought a Strange 33 spline spool, axles and c-clip eliminators and I plan to install them myself. I've read through the instructions and it doesn't sound like rocket science. I have a variety of cutting/grinding tools so that will help.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
33 spline mosers, spool and c clip elims. No leaks, I used the right stuff on the surfaces. Cut the housing down, the wheels don't stick out any more then before.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts