Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to put my LX on a diet and finish my 331,with an S-trim and to run in the Drag Radial class in PSCA here in SoCal. I probably wont have the car ready until next year sometime so I'm doing as much research as possible so I only have to do this once. So what would be better for a street driven 11 second car, a C-4 with a 3000rpm stall or a built AOD with maybe a 2800 stall? My only concerns is driving to the track which is about 40 miles away up the freeway and winding out the motor since the C-4 doesn't have a an overdrive. Is this even a real concern since I don't drive a lot of freeway miles anyway? Any of you with drag experience, or if anyone is actually running this class I would appreciate the input.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Simple - whats more important to you, the streetability of the OD and making steeper gears more liveable for cruising, or the more reliable, cheaper and easier built c4?

Cant have your cake and eat it oo. You make the call.

Personally, i would go with the AOD. they can be made to run strong with the right parts, and you will retain some street manners.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Mach 1 couldn't have said it better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts