Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be doing a redneckperformance C-4 package over the winter. I believe the car has 3.73 in it now. for a dd that's drove on the Highway would 3.27's keep the rpms around 2,500-2,800ish with a 18" rim. Im going to be geting another vehicle to drive all the time due to gas prices but the mustang will still see a fair amount of street/track use. Also what stall should i get with it...?? 3,800? 4k. it will also have a TB and manual VB. I made the Numbers in my sig with the busted T-5. The car should make around 450hp when the tune is finished. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have a C4/brake/5k stall with .410 gears on a 27 in tall tire. It runs 2800 rpm on the freeway at 60 mph.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that gives me a good idea...i might leave the 3.73 in and see how it does.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 28" tire with 3.73's, and its about 3000rpm at 65mph. Your converter stall should be based on your cam's needs. Just remember the more stall = more heat during street driving, so make sure you run a good tranny cooler.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I have not run a c4, but I ran a TH350 on my former Z28, and it was crappy on the hwy... I don't remember what I was revving at, but it was revving high as FK! Wasn't worth it for me :( ..... I guess if it's NOT a DD, then it would be great... my car was built not to be a DD, but it ended up being a DD for a few months,, Arrgghh.... I am used to Overdrive , LOL

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm well my Diff needs a rebuild so im thinking about redoing the stocker or geting a aftermarket but while im there i could have some 3.27 put in...that should keep the RPMS low....

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like the consistency of a Auto with a maual VB...no chance of missing a gear...plus its cheaper.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I run about 2800 at 70-72mph with 3.27's, 275/60-15's, and about a 3200ish stall turbo converter.

It's a 2 hour drive each way to my local track and it doesn't seem that bad.

Troy

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
it is all a matter of if you dont mind the slightly higher rpms and gas consumption...

I constantly drove a C-4 equipped car 100 miles a day...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If you are going to be using it on the street more then the track (as I do mine) I'd go with a good O.D. tranny such as a Lentech. Like you said gas isn't getting any cheaper. I couldn't be any happier with mine, not sure what the gas MPG is yet but I know if I didn't have the O.D. it would be a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I run about 2800 at 70-72mph with 3.27's, 275/60-15's, and about a 3200ish stall turbo converter.

It's a 2 hour drive each way to my local track and it doesn't seem that bad.

Troy
thats exactly what i wanted to hear 2800 with 3.27's (which is what i wanted to put in) isnt bad at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts