Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there going fast with stock C-4 internals? i.e. stock drum, planet and input shaft. everyone i talk to (transmission companys) would like to make me believe a 12 second car needs all the best in exotic parts inside. granted i plan to go a bit faster than 12's (by a couple of seconds) but how weak are they really?
i'm sure it wont live as long, but will it live at all?:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
C-4'S RuLe

C-4's are the best of the best!!!! I have been building C-4's & racing 1 in my own car' for a very long time. I have put them behind BigBlocks/Lots of NOS/Whatever. The (6 gear plant) is the most important. Well' with a good valve body that is. I just run a PA reverse Valve Body. I have all the roller stuff in mine, but ran a None-Roller with a Rev V body for 1 year' before the 6 gear plant went. That was with 300--400 shot of NOS every weekend Grudge Racing. Here is 1 video of my car, and have alot more with Trans i built.
http://www.neptune.com/users/wildbill408/video/wildbill4082003033054455.wmv

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the boast in my confidence, i just bought one from a fellow corral member and i was sweating the fact it may not make it long. but if it gets me through the season, i'll be happy.
i've always heard the drum and input shaft were the weak links. have you ever had any trouble with those, or just the stock planet?
thank you, chad

·
Registered
8 Posts
C-4

"stock planet Only" i don't think a person needs a hardened input shaft unless you r running lots of NOS or with lots of HP. My friend runs a C-4 with a 460 and a 300 shot and it twisted his regular shaft 3 years ago. We didn't know it till i done a refresh. Anyone running NOS should get the better shaft anyway.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: C-4'S RuLe

Backyard Billy said:
C-4's are the best of the best!!!! I have been building C-4's & racing 1 in my own car' for a very long time. I have put them behind BigBlocks/Lots of NOS/Whatever. The (6 gear plant) is the most important. Well' with a good valve body that is. I just run a PA reverse Valve Body. I have all the roller stuff in mine, but ran a None-Roller with a Rev V body for 1 year' before the 6 gear plant went. That was with 300--400 shot of NOS every weekend Grudge Racing. Here is 1 video of my car, and have alot more with Trans i built.
http://www.neptune.com/users/wildbill408/video/wildbill4082003033054455.wmv
That's good info... I am awaiting the arrival of my Art Carr Competition C-4 with Transbrake. I also ordered their "Wa-zoo" Billet bell housing, flexplate, and their top of line 3500 rpm converter. So I should have no problems with this trans? I'll be putting 500+RWHP to the ground. That's the guesstimate. I just hope everything holds together!!:D
sself

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: C-4'S RuLe

:lol:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
'bout time you guys figured out auto's are the way to go.:D Man, first Jay now you running a C4.... I think you guys just want to be like me :evil:

Jeremy

·
Registered
89 Posts
90-LX-5.0-5spd said:
Hmmmm, I'm now intrigued by the c-4. Where might I find one of these "c-4's" ?
Art Carr is really good with the C-4's....

·
Registered
129 Posts
AC- tranny cooler is a much needed piece for an auto car. Heat = damaged parts, the lower you can keep the temp the longer the box will last. I've got one on my AOD car and am going to increase to a bigger one becuase when I am on the transbrake the temp sky rockets. Even for a very basic combo its a good idea...for a drag car its a must.

Billy- Monster launch bro, whats the et/mph on that car...looks like a 9 to me?!?! I got a red notch too...

·
Registered
714 Posts
performance automatic is about the best c-4 you can get.. they offer a life time waranty on hard parts when you purhcase a full race unit.

you s9imply have to pay for clutches etc

·
Registered
89 Posts
AJCJR said:
do you guys run a tranny cooler for track only cars and do you think its worth it.
thanks
AC
Essential for modded Auto Mustangs.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts