Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to finish putting together my ptk turbo kit. I stil need the bypass valve and wastegate but confused on which to get.

Will any 38mm or 44mm wategate work? Also on the bypass valve im not sure what to get. All the pictures of the valve I have seen that came with the ptk kit look like the cheap plastic bosch style valves on ebay for $15-20 bucks. Will these work, and for how much boost? Im planning on +/- 400rwhp, I wont pass 10psi.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I'd run a 44mm wastgate if the flange is already for That. For the blow off u can probably get by with a Bosch but I'd run a tial50mm

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my kit doesnt use a blow off valve, its a bypass valve. Tial doesnt make a bypass that I am aware of.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone??

Seems the 38 wastegate will work fine. How about the plastic bosch style bypass valve? I heard they work ok for under 15psi, and I wont be passing 10psi.

Any opinions on that?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I had a fox ptk kit. It used a low end Bosch style bov and a 38 mm wastegate that recirculated into the downpipe.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bosch style bypass does not work with the ptk kit. There is a couple different size bypass valves, something I was hoping to learn by making this thread. The bosch style bypass has 1" passages and the needed size is 1 & 3/8 or 35mm. I bought the bosch one on ebay only to find out its too small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts