Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prob. a stupid one, but...I have a non-Bosch piece. Says "Professional Parts Sweden" on it. With no vacuum, it's closed and air will not go either direction, which I get. But, when I apply vacuum to it, one side has enough suction to suck the cheek out of my face, the other has none. So I'm guessing it has an orientation. Which side goes into the intake and which side goes into the discharge pipe?

I would think, based on how it works, it matters. Or doesn't it?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, did some testing last night (incase anyone in the future runs into this) my car pulls 11-12 hgv. I used a mityvac and applied the same to my valve, and it never opens. The valve, can be pushed fully open with a screwdriver, however, which I'm assuming is the way it's supposed to work. So I'm guessing either 1) I have a faulty bypass valve or 2) the specific one I have, needs more vacuum than the 11-12 hgv my car provides to operate it. So I ordered a new Vortech/Bosch unit to compare with.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And now, I got my Vortech piece in. The valve begins to open at 7 hgv, and is fully open by 10. Perfect! Just figured I'd post my results here, incase someone in the future, runs into a similar problem.

ETA: Popped my original bypass valve apart, and the rubber bladder had a tear in it, causing it to not only not work properly, but also a vacuum leak. Don't know how old this was as I got it used, but they apparently don't last forever!

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is part of the reason people go with the Vortech unit. I took the Blue one off my car and put a Bosch on to free up some room. As soon as it starts fluttering and eventually will, I will replace it. Works fine for me, for now. Good read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts